Registration: Registration at meetup.com
Snacks & pop: This event is sponsored by Copperleaf
Topic: Native Docker Containers in Windows 10
Docker containers are now first class citizens in Windows 10 Anniversary edition and Windows 2016 Server. Learn how to use Docker containers in Windows 10. In this talk, we will show you:
- What are the 10 most useful Docker terminal commands?
- How to create both Linux and Windows containers?
- How to build and deploy an ASP.NET Core 1.0 app into a Linux Docker Container?
- How to deploy SQL Server Express 2016 into a Windows Docker Container and access it from your host machine?
- How to build and deploy an ASP.NET Core 1.0 app into a Windows Docker Container?
- Build and deploy WordPress into 2 separate Linux containers in 5 minutes.
- Build and deploy an ASP.NET Core 1.0 application using PostgreSQL into two separate Linux containers.
Tutorials and source code for all the examples will be provided online. If you want to follow along, it is suggested that you bring your laptop with you after making sure it is loaded with Windows 10 Anniversary edition or later.
Medhat Elmasry was born in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia. He obtained his first and second degrees from the UK.
He wrote his first commercial computer program in Cobol on an NCR computer that used punched cards in
the 80s while working for the "United Nations Economic Commission for Africa" in Addis Ababa.
Currently, Medhat is an instructor at BCIT in the Computing department, an independent IT contractor,
and a founder of the .NET BC user group in Vancouver, Canada. He is also a regular speaker at user
group meetings and technology conferences. Medhat likes to dabble in various technologies pertaining
to Web, .NET, Mobile, Cloud and Java spaces. He blogs at http://blog.medhat.ca.